I'm sure before you start reading, you're going to want to know who I am, so I'll introduce myself - I'm Tayne P., one of the friendliest and more responsible students at Clear Horizons!

Now I'd like to share my story about how I found out about AND managed to get into this school, so without further ado, here goes...

I was actually homeschooled all the way to 7th grade. Because I originally wanted to attend an online high school (Connections Academy), I had to go to public school at Victory Lakes Intermediate in 8th grade.

Then I heard about Clear Horizons ECHS. At first, I was in denial about even going to a public school (even though I kinda liked VLI), but as soon as I went to that first presentation about CHECHS, I immediately fell in love with how the school runs and all that, and that was the path I wanted to go.

So I went ahead and applied to CHECHS, and was eagerly waiting to see if I was one of the first 125 people in the lottery selection they have. Believe it or not, I made it in. I was actually lottery number 12, so as soon as I heard the news, I IMMEDIATELY became ecstatic about the news I had
just heard.

After all of that, I did everything else I needed to do (if you go to the rest of the presentations, you'll likely find out what you need to do), and
before I knew it, I was in! Of course, my parents and I were proud to have made it in this school!

So that's my story. Interesting, right? I hope you enjoy this blog! Check back for more interesting moments, tips, and tricks!

Friday, August 19, 2016

Surviving at Clear Horizons - Tips and Tricks (What to Do & What NOT to Do on Campus)

Hello to my visitors! Sorry it took me so long to actually write this post. The reason why was because the computer I wanted to write my blog with started getting crashing problems. In addition to that, other stuff revolving around my life end up taking up my day, barely leaving any time to write on this blog. But whether it's computer problems or just laziness, I finally got around to finishing up this post. Anyway, here's the post...

The previous post talked about the routine we have at Clear Horizons. Now it's time to learn about some tips and tricks on what to do and what not to do at Clear Horizons! (Remember, some of this also applies to ALL high school students.) So without further ado, here's some of those tips and tricks!


  • As much as academics are stressed in an early college high school, you are NOT limited to just academics. I've seen it countless times... people will socialize during school hours whenever they can. Even I've managed to socialize during the school day sometimes, and that's a good thing, because without socialization, you can quite possibly become depressed & stressed, in addition to other negative things that will happen to you. I've done quite a bit of socialization in this school, and STILL walked away in my freshman year with a report card that has mostly B's. So go ahead, don't be afraid to socialize a little bit at school! You'll thank yourself for it.
  • This one should've been obvious, and I admit, we've all been victims of this one at least once (myself included); some of us on a pretty routine basis. That tip is... DON'T PROCRASTINATE! Procrastination, for those of you who happen to not know what it means, is waiting until the last minute to complete anything. It's mainly used in the academic world when you wait until the last minute to complete a project, assignment, etc. Don't procrastinate, because it means making it harder and more stressful on yourself. When you procrastinate, you also take the risk of not having enough time to get something done, all because you thought it would only take a certain amount of time. There's also the unavoidable chance that something will not work while you attempt to rush on getting your work done. If something breaks while you end up procrastinating (I'll use a computer as an example), and you either didn't save your work OR you don't have another computer to work on, you're basically screwed, right? Yep. You never want that to happen, especially if it's a project for a class you're working on, as that project is more than likely a major grade, and your grade for the class is likely going to be sabotaged... all because you decided to procrastinate. Usually, it can only take one HORRIBLE grade to bring your average down significantly (especially if it's major grade). So don't do it - otherwise you run the risk of this entire situation just described happening to you.
  • Another obvious thing you shouldn't be doing, even though we all have probably done it at least once... DO NOT CHEAT. EVER. Someone at Clear Horizons actually tried that stunt during the 2015-2016 school year and got busted for it. He ALMOST, and I'm being serious here - ALMOST got their permanent record sabotaged, and that was likely only because the teachers there were pretty nice (and he was one of the awesome students too). Thank goodness the entire situation ended up being in a high school class... if it was in a college class, it would've been a totally different story (and probably a lot more horrible). Long story short, no matter what you're thinking, just don't cheat. If you get busted, you're gonna get written up for it. And likely, they're not going to be forgiving about it. These are the consequences for cheating in Clear Creek ISD...
Doesn't sound anything like a situation you'd want to deal with, huh? Didn't think so. Don't cheat.
  • If something bad happens, feel free to speak up! Don't be afraid to tell someone about your situation. They will likely help you get through the situation.
So those are my tips and tricks for surviving at a high school, especially in an early college high school like Clear Horizons. Do me a HUGE favor and PLEASE utilize these tips and tricks! They are vital to your success on campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment