I'm sure before you start reading, you're going to want to know who I am, so I'll introduce myself - I'm Tayne P., one of the friendliest and more responsible students at Clear Horizons!

Now I'd like to share my story about how I found out about AND managed to get into this school, so without further ado, here goes...

I was actually homeschooled all the way to 7th grade. Because I originally wanted to attend an online high school (Connections Academy), I had to go to public school at Victory Lakes Intermediate in 8th grade.

Then I heard about Clear Horizons ECHS. At first, I was in denial about even going to a public school (even though I kinda liked VLI), but as soon as I went to that first presentation about CHECHS, I immediately fell in love with how the school runs and all that, and that was the path I wanted to go.

So I went ahead and applied to CHECHS, and was eagerly waiting to see if I was one of the first 125 people in the lottery selection they have. Believe it or not, I made it in. I was actually lottery number 12, so as soon as I heard the news, I IMMEDIATELY became ecstatic about the news I had
just heard.

After all of that, I did everything else I needed to do (if you go to the rest of the presentations, you'll likely find out what you need to do), and
before I knew it, I was in! Of course, my parents and I were proud to have made it in this school!

So that's my story. Interesting, right? I hope you enjoy this blog! Check back for more interesting moments, tips, and tricks!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Interesting sophomore year went well

The happier thing about Fridays at Clear Horizons is that you get out of school earlier than the normal dismissal time (which is usually at 3:20 PM). OK, that's a well-known perk around here, but still... it's a great one. We need that earlier dismissal every Friday because we work so hard at that school compared to other high schools. And an early dismissal means getting home early, so why not take the time to enjoy that extra time? I know I probably would.

I've already posted a few times on some interesting stories I had this sophomore year. Well, once again, I have yet another interesting story. And of course, it happens to deal with the buses. On our way to the school on Friday, we get stuck in a traffic jam on the highway. While we're trying to get through that traffic jam, our bus engine quit working, which meant we had to pull off to the shoulder and wait for help to arrive. Or, at least, we thought we were going to have to wait, because 15 minutes later, we start the bus and was able to pull off the highway and into a nearby gas station. If we didn't try to pull off the highway, we would've had to exit through the back door (something we apparently never practiced in CCISD). I'm very glad we didn't have to do that, though. It took about 25 minutes, from beginning to end, for this whole situation to get resolved and head back on the road in another bus. And they were going to have a cop show up to block traffic so the bus evacuation would be safer, too - but we never had to deal with any of that. Thank goodness.

If you read all my interesting stories, and when you consider them all, you'll probably understand me when I say that sophomore year could not get more interesting than this (or, at least, for me). And I'm also glad that sophomore year has still not tried to split me into pieces due to rage after a week of school. I say this because I know they say sophomore year is your hardest year. I can see why.

Anyway, good luck out there to all students, especially for my friends and those in their sophomore year!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Tayne! Love your blog. Can't wait to read more interesting stories. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know when you write a really long and redundant sentence that just never seems to end because you keep on coming up with new ideas and you also forget to commas and stuff like that due to lack of motivation to write neatly for some strange reason that may stem from the fact that you are actually trying to make the sentence really long which then leads to an issue with your writing style as long boring sentences should be cut up into shorter sentences to keep the reader's attention or else the reader will stop reading and go see something that isn't as long boring and redundant because readers have short attention spans except for you because you are still reading this which is a very good practice to keep as it may or may not help in the future that may or may not end in december due to a possibly true prediction that the world will end but what do they know because they always wrote without spaces or any other way to make sure that stuff is neat which makes you wonder why they didn't invent stuff to space out letters because they seemed smart enough to think about it and they were most likely smarter than the rambler who is making this long and redundant yet interesting sentence about everything that you never need to know because you'll never see what I've been writing because by now you must have stopped reading this and if not you really need to because I plan on destroying your brain with mindless followups without an end which is possibly good or bad depending on whom you are so it may be good but you don't know but I know because I'm me and I'm awesome and I can write big sentences for you that will explain everything you may or may not need to know because it is here so I may continue rambling but I should stop but I won't stop because I see no reason to yet because there is so much to learn and explore in this universe with a single line of every topic in every dimension so lets continue pressing on reader who isn't reading anymore but you should read because this is an interesting long sentence that I've been writing for the past time but you don't know how long because I will not say but why I won't say is a secret to you because you haven't seen the rest of my work yet even though we need to get back on the topic which has been lost in the endless sea of letters spaces words and my rambling that will go on for the rest of time and so forth and on because this is a true work of art made by me and for the lone reader who is asleep because of this awesome text that you see before me that I wrote down in a matter of time and will soon be in your hands for all to read and see due to how long the text is because I am the king of rambling or maybe not as the doom predictors were probably better than I am but they are dead so I am better than them until they come back to life and try to kill me but I can fight them off somehow maybe by using a weapon or a word text but anyways you should still be reading my work so you don't die in a few months because this stuff will possibly save your life unless this somehow kills you but that would be funny because how it could happen is beyond me but it could be something possibly important but thats for the dying person to decide instead of you unless you are that guy in which case its ok because then you won't die because the people said so so yay or nay or whatever you want because you are dying unless you are not which is good because you are the only person reading this unless you fell asleep which isn't good because this is important life saving info that you will need to know someday unless you die in which case you wont need it but its always good o know how to ramble and this is great notes that you can use so that you can ramble without thinking about the fact that you are rambling so that in some awkward moment when you must ramble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I skimmed through your entire comment and thought "Hmm, this person's got a lot to say about rambling. I wonder if he's trying to waste my time." I'm unsure if you actually were trying to do that, but man, your reasoning is interesting. Who are you? I'm assuming you're from CHECHS, because as soon as one of my friends noticed I had this blog running, it spread through most of my grade level like wildfire (36 people were on my blog yesterday!)

      Delete